I am interested in having a class discussion about "formal" vs. "informal" learning environments (or, to use Ian's words, "overt" vs. "covert"?) I think it would be beneficial to discuss the definitions, benefits, limitations, and theories behind formal and informal methods and designs.
I know this is a vague/broad topic that probably needs to be narrowed down...but for now, is anyone interested in this topic as a discussion for a later class?
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sarah,
I'm interested in this too. I wonder if a general discussion of the benefits of informal education would be a good place to start?
Maybe doing this close to/after Marc's talk on Ed. theory might be appropriate.
I would be nice to have some sort of brainstorm for examples of where or how this might occur. Maybe small discussion groups using our own experiences would be a good warm up activity.
Jason
PS- When should we start signing up for dates? Am I just not noticing a place to do it on the blog?
Jason- I don't know how to make an online sign-up thing. Maybe we can just talk to Julie about reserving the class after Marc's talk? Or we can mention in class that we'd like to present on that day. Maybe others would like to join us.
Hey Sarah and Jason,
I am also interested in “overt and covert” learning environments. In addition to that realm, I would like see the link to walking to school realm. How and what can they learn in their walking? I agree with Jason that the student lead discussion will be a good extension after Mark’s talk. Maybe we can talk about this further next week. Have a good weekend!!
Szu-Yu
Post a Comment